SEO & SEM – Getting your Website on to page 1!
One of Spikes core principles is our pride in plain talking with no jargon and easy to understand descriptions and terminology.
So for business people who are new or slightly confused about SEO (search engine optimization), in a nutshell, this service moves your website & services up to page 1’s and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) maintains and keeps it there!
SEO work is the practice of indexing your website so people can find it when typing in ‘keywords’ to their search engines. This in turn moves your products & service keywords up Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines pages so customers can find your business and you can generate incoming perspective clients.
And for all the marketing SEO professionals out there, Spikes has created and account managed SEO work for Land Rover, Jaguar, Cussons, Johnson & Johnson to name a few – Our team produces high level SEO & coding for any and all aspects. Have a chat and experience the knowledge!
The first step of SEO & SEM is an SEO audit. This is to see where your website ranks now and to understand why it is that a website is not ranking on page 1.
Unfortunately there are many SEO cowboys out there, who have caused a lot of confusion and mistrust within the discipline.
Many website developers, graphic designers and self-confessed ‘IT experts’ with base, confused, DIY, fiddle & see self taught training offer services with ZERO tangibility and no plain, classifiable, visible workings & results.
One thing to watch out for is the use of ‘automated SEO audit software’ to do SEO audits which measure about 28 to 36 aspects of your SEO and website presence.
Spikes professional, qualified team perform a more time consuming but deadly accurate HUMAN audit where our expert looks at over 97+ aspects of your SEO presence and provides a detailed SEO report which shows exactly which area’s you need to improve.
The audit looks at everything from on page errors, missing or incorrect meta data, quality of page content to bigger problems such as toxic or harmful back links to your website. From the 97+ items we have listed some of the most common ones underneath….
Understand Where Your Website is Letting You Down With A Full Website Audit
- Meta titles
- H1 Headings
- H2 Headings
- H3 Headings
- H4 Headings
- ALT Text optimisation
- Canonical URLs
- 301 redirects
- 404 error analysis
- URL optimisation
- Deep link audit and creation
- Website load times
- Website inbound/outbound link audit
- Broken links
- On page content checks for authenticity and plagiarism
Taking your website to another level of success
We are different to other SEO agencies, we care about your business as if it were our own.
This is why the majority of our existing customers have been with us for more than 6 years.
Before we work with a new client we look at their business, their staff, their customers and most importantly how they see the web for their business and how much they want to grow.
How bespoke SEO campaigns work
Applied correctly SEO (search engine optimization) & SEM (search engine marketing) can be the single and best way for generating incoming sales for your business.
By optimizing every element of your website and on-line presence we can move your company up Google, Bing & other search engine rankings to capture the customers looking for what you are selling.
Step 1: SEO Audit & Analysis
The first step is generating an SEO strategy that must be unique & bespoke to client’s particular website and business.
To do this an SEO Audit must be performed to see where your website and on-line presence is now and to show us which area’s that needs improving.
We will therefore calculate a strategy for the SEO to maximise results over a chosen time period.
- Provide results of analysis in an audit
- Analyse the website’s current positions in search engines
- Analyse the website’s competition
- Analyse 97+ aspects of your company’s website & on-line presence.
Step 2: SEO Campaign Execution
The SEO audit report is then the basis for your campaign strategy as it outlines the area’s that need improving with no bias.
- We can then decide on the best strategy based on your marketing plans and budget, and decide a time-scale for running the campaign(s).
- As the service is bespoke to each client’s requirements, we will conduct whatever aspects of SEO that are necessary i.e. on-site SEO, link building, content syndication, social media, etc.
- We will then execute the strategy and keep you informed of progress with monthly reports and support whenever required, we are always happy to speak with clients to answer any questions you may have.
Step 3: Results
We will perform the SEO audit which presents your 1st set of results and the basis for the work ahead. We then prepare results whenever the client requires and perform a final results check when the changes and updates have taken effect with Google, Bing and other search engines. A breakdown is below:
- One of our first jobs is to analyse audit results to see if there are any ‘quick wins’ where we could produce results within the first month or so.
- SEO/SEM results tend to take 2 to 3 months to start to show, although if you are in a particularly competitive market and have particularly competitive keywords, it may take longer. (This is the length of time Google & other search engine companies take to recognise & implement updates; we have NO control of this.)
- We will be able to give you an accurate assessment of when you can expect results after the first week of work when we will conduct our analysis and generate a strategy.
Why does my business need SEO?
Selling in 2020 and beyond has never depended more on good SEO as our world revolves around not only being online, but being able to be found by your target customers.
Its no different whether you are a B2B or B2C company, if your business website isn’t found on the first page for your ‘keywords’ (key business terms specific to what you sell) then your potential customers are just going to your direct competitors.
Imagine a library with a trillion books in it, and your book is not listed in the index, no-one will ever find it in a million years. Good, professional SEO will index your website and more!
Endless traffic is at your fingertips
We don’t limit the number of keywords you’re able to target in your SEO campaign, we understand that your business needs the flexibility to grow and your SEO campaign will grow with your business demands and needs.
If you want more business enquiries, more new sales then SEO is the key to unlocking all of this. Unlike Google Adwords where you have to pay for each click which could be £0.02 to £2000+ a click regardless of whether you see a return from this. Organic traffic is proven to convert in to new business at a much higher rate and is a lot more cost effective.