Spikes Marketing Associates Ltd refers to our website and our business.
Spike Associates is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Spike Associates may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Security & GDPR
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the B2B information we hold.
We have always operated using ICO guidelines which have incorporated much of GDPR good principles & practices with all of our data and data collection activities.
Please check our registration with ICO for further details and information on all policies which we adhere to. https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA168149
With these updates, Spike Associates Marketing Ltd reaffirms its commitment to safeguarding the personal data of any members, contacts, and anyone who visits our websites.
Spike Associates Marketing Ltd core privacy principles are:
- Accountability Through Awareness
- Protecting and Safeguarding information with high levels of security, individual training & awareness.
We’ve reaffirmed our commitment to the responsible collection, use, transfer, disclosure, and management of any company & individual company employee information and data. Spike Associates Marketing Ltd would like to alliterate that we hold B2B database only. We do not hold any personal information on any individual unless they are that of a job role nature within an organisation or company.
Spike Associates Marketing Ltd operates strict licensing conditions with all data sales and is a responsible communicator of GDPR guidelines and laws in the process. Please see ‘terms & conditions for Data Purchasing’ underneath, which advises and encourages clients to follow the fundamental core values of GDPR.
Terms & Conditions and GDPR Guidelines for Data Purchasing
- Spike Associates Marketing Ltd contact lists are of ‘Opt-in’ nature; this means that the companies on our database lists have ‘Opted-in to receiving information related to their business & business related activities.’
- You may not send unrelated marketing communications to a business and/or employee if that communication falls outside specific business related activities.
- All data purchased is to be held securely within the purchasing companies IT networks with passwords for individual use.
- Once you have received the file(s) please copy the file to your companies IT network AND delete all other copies, email attachments or any other format where the data found and/or can be downloaded.
- ‘The data you purchase’ is for the sole use of the company you represent that is detailed in your invoice.
- It is illegal to re-sell, share or distribute any intellectual property data purchased from Spikes Marketing Associates Ltd to any third parties whatsoever.
- ‘Exclusivity’ for Spikes Marketing Associates Ltd data & intellectual property is always on a 12 month period unless specified in the client invoice.
- Renewals will roll over after the initial 12 month (or whatever the agreed license term) period, unless written documentation by email or letter is received at ANY point before the license end date.
- All data sold by Spike Marketing Associates Ltd can be emailed a maximum of 18 times over a 12 month period by the company detailed in your invoice. This is advisable for GDPR compliance and for ethical company marketing practice.
- TPS corporate checks are performed once every 28 days on all data as legislation dictates. If you are calling telephone numbers from our lists it is the clients responsibility to perform and track TPS checking after this 28 day period.
- All of Spikes data lists are cleansed every 60 to 90 days and we will refund email hard bounces that exceed 7%, provided the data supplied is used or tested within 21 days of the date of sale.
Spike Marketing Associates Ltd has always operated strict data security guidelines and policies and followed GDPR legislation years before the EU GDPR law was introduced in May 2018.
Special Note on B2B GDPR:
We are concerned that the communications form GDPR central EU team left a lot of professionals in turmoil with no clear understanding of exactly what was needed in the B2B market. This in our opinion has had an detrimental effect on SME and corporate companies business development, marketing and new business promotional activities as some organisations have been scared into ceasing all new business activities completely.
Our message to you is: ‘DO NOT BE SCARED OF NEW BUSINESS MARKETING AFTER GDPR!’
T&Cs and GDPR for email marketing:
The general rule is that you must gain prior consent to send a marketing email. However, in a B2B environment, there is an exemption for employees of corporates, and you can send a marketing email to these individuals without their prior consent.
Confusion often arises over the meaning of B2B marketing in relation to email campaigns. In an email environment, B2B marketing does not include sole traders and partnerships. You need to gain consent for your organisation and your products/services in order to email sole traders and partnerships, as these are treated in the same way as consumers. Be very careful not to get caught out by this when licensing third party data by making sure your supplier is only providing emails for B2B marketing.
In summary, email addresses of corporate employees can be licensed for third party email campaigns. Legitimate interests would be used to process this personal data as long as all the following criteria are fulfilled:
- A corporate is defined as a limited company, public limited company, limited liability partnership or government departments and can be emailed without prior consent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Employees of corporate’s must be given the option to easily unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving email marketing.
- The product or service being promoted can be purchased by the recipient in a professional capacity.
- The sender must identify itself and provide contact details.
- Have a responsive, respectful, polite, adhering complaint process and handle on an individual, personal level.
On booking email campaigns with Spike Marketing Associates Ltd it is the responsibility of the client to supply suitable HTML email copy and promotional literature so that our designers can prepare your promotional email design. In the event that no copy is received within 60 days of placing the order Spike associates will not refund the email campaign element.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 would be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Information Sources: DMA (Direct Marketing Association) – ICO – PECR – UK Datahouse